Mandatory Poster Updates
- Effective July 1, 2014, California’s minimum wage increased to $9.00 an hour. It will increase to $10.00 an hour on January 1, 2016. You must update your poster to reflect the increase in the minimum wage.
- New amounts for meals and lodging which can be credited against minimum wage effective July 1, 2014, and Jan. 1, 2016
- Effective January 1, 2014, the DFEH Discrimination and Harassment notice (California Law Prohibits Workplace Discrimination and Harassment) added “military and veteran” to the categories protected by workplace discrimination. please make sure these changes are included on your current posters.
- February 2014: Cal/OSHA notice (Safety and Health Protection on the Job) was updated to reflect revised federal HAZCOM (Hazard Communications Program) regulations issued by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- January 1, 2014, the Whistleblower notice includes expanded whistleblower protections.
- EDD updated information for submitting disability insurance claim forms on its Notice to Employees.
If you have questions about Labor Law Posting Requirements for California or would like help with your risk management program or workers’ compensation insurance, call ERM Insurance Brokers in Irvine, California at (949) 222-0444.